Part-Time Registrar Assistant
I. Purpose of the Job
Assist with maintaining and processing students’ academic records and course enrollment; processing student transcript requests and providing timely and friendly customer service to all constituents.
II. Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- First line counter/phone – greet and assist students or direct them to appropriate person
- Enrollment/Registration of students and email confirmation to student
- Add/drop students in CAMS and Blackboard
- Process transcript requests
- Scan documents into Midwestern’s document imaging system
- Assist with Commencement as needed
- Update student account information including address changes, cost type changes, degree changes, FERPA information
- Process enrollment verification for students upon request
- Communicate and coordinate with other offices when necessary
- Perform other tasks as assigned by Registrar, Assistant Registrar, or Associate Registrar
- Perform duties with high accuracy and careful attention to detail
- Maintain confidentiality of information and records and follow FERPA regulations
III. Knowledge and Skills
- Have office experience/skills and/or education
- Keyboarding skills
- Ability to complete repetitive processes with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to be flexible – juggle several tasks at once, deal with interruptions and distractions, and/or change direction or tasks quickly
- Have good communication and customer service skills
- Ability to handle difficult questions/issues with diplomacy
IV. Extent of Public Contact
- Extensive contact with students, faculty, and staff
V. Physical Demands
- Ability to perform repetitive keyboarding and computing tasks; sit for periods of time; file and sort papers; do some standing, walking, and reaching; and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
VI. Working Conditions and Environment
- General office environment. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment with standard office equipment available.
This job description identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.
THERE ARE ALWAYS OPPORTUNITIES for student employment at Midwestern Seminary. Home to Sprint, H&R Block, AMC Theaters, Applebee’s, Hallmark and more, Kansas City has been called the “heart of entrepreneurship in the Midwest.” The thriving business community provides ample jobs in the area. Just a few examples of employment for students can be found at places like these:
- Sam’s Club
- UPS (United Parcel Service)
- HyVee Grocery Stores
- Allied Barton (Security Officer Jobs)
- Lowe’s Home Improvement
- Missouri Department of Labor
For additional employment opportunities, please visit KansasCityJobs.net. You can search job boards, company career pages, and associations for jobs in Kansas City with one search. This is a free service with no registration necessary.
For students wishing to access available ministry positions, login to the Student Portal, then click Job Search.
No Current Positions Available.