There are no current faculty positions.
PART-TIME SECURITY OFFICER (Flex Position)
Reports to Chief of Security
OVERVIEW: The primary purpose of the Security Officer is to serve and protect all persons and property on the campus of Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary. We do this by being highly trained, highly vigilant and highly professional.
This position is a considered a flexible shift. This position will be given an average of 15 hours per week. This position will also be subject to on-call time and to cover regular shifts when other officers are absent. This position will require flexibly and availability for various shift options, including nights and weekends.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Unlock and secure buildings on a daily basis;
• Monitor campus parking lots and issue citations when necessary;
• Assist other agencies like the police and fire departments when an emergency situation arises on campus;
• Conduct security rounds of the campus and housing areas;
• During rounds, monitor the campus and housing areas for security risks or unsafe conditions that need addressing to include such items as lights that are not working;
• Assist with parking and security needs during special campus events;
• Assist with additional duties as requested by other departments;
• Provide security escorts to students as they are needed;
• Provide CPR as needed until emergency personnel arrive;
• Provide on-call services when a security officer is not on duty;
• Provide services to students such as jump starting their vehicle and unlocking their apartment doors when needed;
• Complete a security and patrol log during the duration of each shift;
• Respond in a timely manner to all security calls, many of these will require various degrees of investigation as well as written reports;
• Any other duties or responsibilities assigned by Chief of Security.
• Ability to obtain a Missouri Class A Security Office License
• A valid state’s driver’s license and clean driving history
• A clean criminal history with no pending court actions
• Ability to maintain satisfactory attendance and punctuality standard
• High school diploma or equivalent
THERE ARE ALWAYS OPPORTUNITIES for student employment at Midwestern Seminary. Home to Sprint, H&R Block, AMC Theaters, Applebee’s, Hallmark and more, Kansas City has been called the “heart of entrepreneurship in the Midwest.” The thriving business community provides ample jobs in the area. Just a few examples of employment for students can be found at places like these:
- Sam’s Club
- UPS (United Parcel Service)
- HyVee Grocery Stores
- Allied Barton (Security Officer Jobs)
- Lowe’s Home Improvement
- Missouri Department of Labor
For additional employment opportunities, please visit KansasCityJobs.net. You can search job boards, company career pages, and associations for jobs in Kansas City with one search. This is a free service with no registration necessary.
For students wishing to access available ministry positions, login to the Student Portal, then click Job Search.
No Current Positions Available.