Financial Services supports the mission of Midwestern by serving and caring for our students, faculty and staff in a manner consistent with the values of accuracy, integrity, teamwork, stewardship, and respect, through a spirit of Christian Service for the Church. Our mission is to promote fiscal responsibility by providing our students with the necessary services to fulfill their financial obligations to or from the Seminary while maintaining honor and safeguarding the assets of the Seminary.
5001 N. Oak Trafficway
Kansas City, MO 64118
8:00am – 4:30pm (M-F)
10:00a – 11:00a (Closed, T, W)
Trustee Classroom Building, Room 107
Chad Martin: Director
Kaliantha Riddick: Assistant Director of Financial Aid
Rhonda Wehmeyer: Cashier
Cole Knowlton: Accounts Receivables Specialist
Gerald Beechum: Military Education Liaison
Lauren Montgomery: Financial Services Assistant
José Rodríguez: General Ledger Accountant
Kelly King: Human Resources Coordinator
Tuition Due Dates
Tuition and fees minus awarded financial aid and an established monthly payment are due on the date established by the program in which the student is enrolled. Students are expected to pay all tuition and fees by the established due dates. Students who do not pay tuition and fees or make acceptable arrangements to pay by the deadline will have their schedules canceled. Prior to the end of the enrollment periods, students may enroll after the due date, but will pay additional fees and must make payment upon registration.
Payment in Full
Payments can be made In-Person at the Financial Services Office
- Cash, Check, or Credit Card (2.5% fee applies to Credit Card Payments)
- Hours 8:00 – 4:30 Monday through Friday (Closed for Chapel).
Checks can be mailed to the Financial Services Department
- MBTS Attn: Financial Services
5001 N. Oak Trafficway
Kansas City, MO 64118
- Allow 7-10 days for mail to reach us (payments will be considered late if not received by date due).
- Please reference your student ID on all correspondence with Financial Services office, the semester the payment is to be applied to, and what the payment is for (e.g. tuition, parking, housing, etc.)
- A one time payment can be made through Nelnet.
Monthly Payment Plans
The Seminary has contracted with Nelnet Business Solutions to provide a monthly payment option to its students. You can access Nelnet through your student portal. Under the “My Billing” tab, there is an option to make a payment on the right side of the page.
Nelnet will automatically pull your account information for you. This includes, but is not limited to, your current balance and student ID. Nelnet will allow you to make a one-time payment in full or set up a semester long payment plan. To access these changes please log into your student portal’s “My Billing” tab.
Important Information for Using Nelnet:
You can access Nelnet by clicking the “Make a Payment / Payment Plan” button on your billing ledger in the student portal.
Nelnet is directly linked to your student account. If charges are added or removed, your payment plan will be automatically updated to reflect those changes.
You have the option to link multiple emails to your Nelnet account. Nelnet may link your student email by default.
Undergraduate and graduate payment plans have the option to pay on the 5th or 20th of the month. Doctoral payment plans are scheduled to pay on the 1st.
Nelnet charges the following fees:
One-time payments in full
-No fees for an ACH draft from a checking or savings account
– 2.75% processing fee for a credit/debit card transaction
Recurring monthly payment plans
$35 one-time enrollment fee
No processing fee for ACH draft from a checking or savings account
2.75% processing fee for each credit/debit card transaction
$30 returned payment fee
Financial Aid Award Letter
- If the student has not received a financial aid award letter PRIOR TO the start of the semester due date, other payment arrangements should be made until the financial aid process is complete.
- Late fees will be incurred if payments are not made on time.
- Financial aid funds are disbursed according to the regulations for each award program.
- Refer to the Financial Aid section of the catalog for more information
- Timing of disbursements is contingent upon the student meeting all necessary conditions.
- Funds are typically credited to the account on the Friday of the first week of the semester for Fall and Spring.
Credit/Charges on Account After disbursement
- Credit balances after financial aid disbursements are processed by Financial Services within 14 days.
- If charges remain or if subsequent charges are made to account, it is the student’s responsibility to make sure the balance is paid on time.
International Student Payments
Midwestern has partnered with Flywire (provided by peerTransfer) in order to streamline the process of international payments. Flywire allows you to pay securely from any country and any bank, generally in your home currency.
By making your payment with Flywire you can:
- Track your payments from start to finish
- Save on bank fees and exchange rates
- Contact their multilingual customer support team with any questions, day or night.
If you have questions about making an international payment, click here for help.