Financial Services supports the mission of Midwestern by serving and caring for our students, faculty and staff in a manner consistent with the values of accuracy, integrity, teamwork, stewardship, and respect, through a spirit of Christian Service for the Church. Our mission is to promote fiscal responsibility by providing our students with the necessary services to fulfill their financial obligations to or from the Seminary while maintaining honor and safeguarding the assets of the Seminary.
Tuition Due Dates
Tuition and fees minus awarded financial aid and an established monthly payment are due on the date established by the program in which the student is enrolled. Students are expected to pay all tuition and fees by the established due dates. Students who do not pay tuition and fees or make acceptable arrangements to pay by the deadline will have their schedules canceled. Prior to the end of the enrollment periods, students may enroll after the due date, but will pay additional fees and must make payment upon registration.
Traditional Semester Programs
All charges are due the Monday prior to the start of the semester.
J-Term 2018: December 4, 2017
Spring 2018: January 8, 2018
All charges are due the Monday prior to the beginning of the term.
J-Term 2018: December 4, 2017
Spring 2018 Online Term A: January 8, 2018
Spring 2018 Online Term B: March 5, 2018
Spring 2018 Online Term C: January 8, 2018
Payment in Full
Payments can be made In-Person at the Financial Services Office
- Cash, Check, or Credit Card (2.5% fee applies to Credit Card Payments)
- Hours 8:00 – 4:30 Monday through Friday (Closed for Chapel).
Checks can be mailed to the Financial Services Department
- MBTS Attn: Financial Services
5001 N. Oak Trafficway
Kansas City, MO 64118
- Allow 7-10 days for mail to reach us (payments will be considered late if not received by date due).
- A one time payment can be made through Nelnet.
- You will be asked to set up a payment plan, but then you can make a one time payment.
Monthly Payment Plan
- Monthly Payment Plans are through Nelnet.
- $25 nonrefundable enrollment fee per payment plan.
- The balance is divided evenly through the semester.
- Monthly payments are automatically drawn the 5th or 20th of the month.
- Students must modify the account for additional classes added.
- Changes do not happen automatically
- It is the student’s responsibility to increase the balance due upon adding a class.
- For dropped classes, contact Financial Services via email to request a decrease in the balance.
Financial Aid Award Letter
- If the student has not received a financial aid award letter PRIOR TO the start of the semester due date, other payment arrangements should be made until the financial aid process is complete.
- Late fees will be incurred if payments are not made on time.
- Financial aid funds are disbursed according to the regulations for each award program.
- Refer to the Financial Aid section of the catalog for more information
- Timing of disbursements is contingent upon the student meeting all necessary conditions.
- Funds are typically credited to the account on the Friday of the first week of the semester for Fall and Spring.
Credit/Charges on Account After disbursement
- Credit balances after financial aid disbursements are processed by Financial Services within 14 days.
- If charges remain or if subsequent charges are made to account, it is the student’s responsibility to make sure the balance is paid on time.
International Student Payments
Midwestern has partnered with Flywire (provided by peerTransfer) in order to streamline the process of international payments. Flywire allows you to pay securely from any country and any bank, generally in your home currency.
By making your payment with Flywire you can:
- Track your payments from start to finish
- Save on bank fees and exchange rates
- Contact their multilingual customer support team with any questions, day or night.
If you have questions about making an international payment, click here for help.