The Doctor of Educational Ministry program is designed to provide qualified students a high level of professional excellence in the practice of educational ministry. The program is divided into four major components: Professional Doctoral Core Seminars, Advanced Educational Foundations Seminars, Advanced Educational Focus Seminars, and the Ministry Project Dissertation. Both on-campus and online seminars are available.
The theory, relationships, strategy and practical elements in Christian Education are integrated into each Foundational and Focus seminar. These then flow into the ministry project.
Students may choose from a number of specializations by adapting the seminars to personal interests or ministry settings. Directed studies, conferences, and research type seminars are available for students seeking advanced training in a particular ministry field.
Graduates from the Doctor of Educational Ministry program will be able to:
- Draw on the resources of the classical area of theological study.
- Deepen their obedience to Jesus Christ to glorify Him through holy living.
- Do original field research and needs analysis.
- Organize and motivate others to carry out ministry strategies with a high level of competence.
- Move beyond routinely accepted techniques of ministry toward new dimensions, methods and outreach.
- Integrate and articulate educational philosophy, educational theory and a biblical worldview.
- Train other teachers and leaders in educational theory and practice.
Foundational Seminars, (all required: 12 hours)
- DR00000 Doctoral Orientation (0 hrs)
- DR30020 Doctoral Studies Colloquium (4 hrs)
- DR30060 Integrating Christian Faith & Practice (4 hrs)
- DR30090 Dissertation Seminar (4 hrs)
Advanced Educational Foundations (select two: 8 hours)
- DR34810 Educational Theory & Ministry Practice (4 hrs)
- DR34820 Life Span Development & Educational Practice (4 hrs)
- DR34850 Educational Leadership (4 hrs)
Advanced Educational Focus (select three: 12 hours)
- DR34080 Teaching Principles and Methods for Higher Education (4 hrs)
- DR34860 Educational Organization and Administration (4hrs)
- DR34892 Conference, Research & Report (4 hrs)
- DR34893 Advanced Research, Reading & Report (4 hrs)
- DR39011 Directed Study (4 hrs)
- DR40991 Dissertation (6 hrs)