First Church (Ripon, CA)
Director/Pastor of Youth Ministries
The Big Picture
First Church (riponfirstcrc.org), an Independent Reformed Church, in Ripon, California, is seeking a full-time Director/Pastor of Youth Ministries responsible for our church’s junior high, high school and post-high ministries.
Firmly rooted in the Reformed tradition, First Church is a growing, multi-generational congregation seeking to joyfully live out our mission statement stated above. We are an established body with many young families, expanding youth programs, and various adult and senior ministries. First Church has a heart for missions, biblical counseling, and Christian education. Located in the “Almond Capital of the World,” the agricultural community of Ripon is just a short drive away from both the Sierra Nevada mountains and the Pacific Ocean.
We desire this position to help incorporate our youth into fulfilling the mission of First Church: “Building a Community of People Who Love Jesus Passionately and Serve Others Joyfully.” Prospective applicants will have a deep love for the Lord, a love for the Reformed faith, a heart and passion for youth, and a desire to work with and train other volunteer leaders. Our prayer is that the ministry will strengthen our youth, teach them what it means to live with Jesus as their Lord and build them up as future leaders in the faith. HOUSING WILL BE PROVIDED BY THE CHURCH! (3 bedroom, 2 bath house)
1. A professing member of a church that supports the Reformed creeds who will become a member of First Church upon hiring.
2. Demonstrates Christian values in his personal beliefs and lifestyle.
3. A strong calling from the Lord to minister to youth, accompanied by a love for young people; an understanding of their physical, social, moral, and spiritual development; and the personal and relational skills necessary to challenge them as they grow in their relationship with Christ and with each other.
4. Has completed or is close to completing a degree in youth ministry or a related field.
5.An outgoing, enthusiastic person who has several years previous experience working with youth. Although not mandatory, preference will be given to those who also have experience in organizing volunteer youth leaders as part of the overall youth ministry
6. An ability to articulate his personal relationship with the Lord in a manner that is effective with youth.
7. An ability to articulate a vision for youth ministry, including underlying principles, overall goals, strategies, and priorities for nurturing the faith of young people from the church and from the community.
8. A knowledge of one’s own strengths (gifts) and weaknesses in working with youth and the church.
9. Leadership skills and a style that will nurture the faith of a wide range of young persons, and that will promote the growth of helpful relationships between these persons and the broader body of First Church.
10. An ability to work cooperatively with other staff members, with adult volunteers, with parents, and with teen leaders.
11. The administrative skills needed to delegate tasks, plan, implement, and evaluate programs and events, and to meet deadlines.
Please look over this job description and the church website. Along with your resume please answer these questions:
Why do you believe that you might be a good fit as the Youth Pastor at First Church?
Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the Youth Pastor at First Church?
In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the doctrine of First Church?
Please send your resume, the answers to these questions and a link to at least one online message to Jason@no-feepastorsearch.com