Cowboys for Jesus Church
Cowboys for Jesus Church (Fischer, TX) Youth Pastor
The Big Picture
Cowboys for Jesus Church (cowboysforjesus.com) is seeking a Youth Pastor who is a committed, Spirit-filled, Christian leader with a passion for discipling young people with the gospel. The ideal candidate is a person who can relate well with youth, parents, and adult volunteers. This role will require a candidate with demonstrated experience equipping youth for ministry.
We are located on the fringes of the Texas Hill Country centrally located between San Antonio and Austin. Our church has been in existence for 20 years. We are a congregation of about 150. We recently hired a new pastor to lead us and now, we are looking for someone to help us grow our Youth Ministry.
• Lead the church’s efforts to minister with and to youth between ages 11 to 18.
• Reach out to unchurched youth in the community, engage them with the gospel, and involve them in the work of the church.
• Recruit, develop, and deploy new volunteers for the church’s youth ministry.
• In consultation with other youth leaders and senior church leadership, develop an annual budget for the youth ministry and operate within the constraints of that budget.
• Develop a Bible teaching calendar for the youth that takes into consideration the full counsel of God’s Word and the spiritual, physical, emotional, and mental needs of the youth in our community.
• Regularly teach the Bible to the youth with conviction, compassion, and care.
• Lead efforts to minister to the parenting needs of the church body.
• Establish a long-term vision for how the church engages youth.
• Develop and execute a strategic plan for the youth ministry.
• Regularly report to the church’s leadership about developments in the youth ministry.
• Oversee all summer camping activities the church’s youth participate in.
• Regularly lead the youth in short-term missions experiences
• Work with other church leaders to find ministry opportunities for youth in the broader church family.
• Participate in all staff meetings and retreats.
• A lifestyle congruent with the biblical requirements for leaders (1 Tim. 3:1-13; 2 Tim. 2; Titus 1:5-9).
• Understanding of and willingness to serve within the doctrinal commitments of the church.
• Experience in ministering to youth and shepherding youth ministry volunteers.
• Strong ability to lead people of varying ethnicities, socio-economic levels, and generations.
• A desire to teach and mentor youth in biblical truth.
• Ability to pass a background check
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• A growing Christian faith and character.
• A commitment to the mission of the church.
• A calling to pastoral ministry.
Please look over this job description and the church website. Along with your resume please answer these questions:
Why do you believe that you might be a good fit for Cowboys for Jesus?
Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the Youth Pastor of Cowboys for Jesus?
In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the doctrine of Cowboys for Jesus?
Please send your resume, the answers to these questions and a link to at least one online sermon to Jason@LancasterSearch.com