Website Boulder Chinese Evangelical Free Church
A full-time Youth/English Minister is sought to serve in the youth group of the Boulder Chinese Evangelical Free Church in Lafayette, Colorado. The Youth/English Minister reports to the Senior Pastor for spiritual and ministry guidance. Qualified applicants who request to begin the service at part-time capacities will also be considered.
Purpose of Position
To build young disciples for Christ by developing and implementing a comprehensive youth ministry (in the areas of group building, worship, discipleship, mission and outreach) while serving as a spiritual leader and role model. The youth minister will help
● Create a Youth Ministry that effectively reaches non-Christian youth.
● Lead students into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
● Develop within students a Biblical worldview.
● Bring students together for genuine, Christian fellowship.
● Assist parents in the challenging work of raising teenagers who love Jesus.
Roles and Responsibilities
Plan, direct, conduct, and evaluate a comprehensive youth ministry, taking into consideration the spiritual, physical, recreational, social, and psychological development of youth (6th grade and above).
● Help students develop the spiritual disciplines of worship, Bible study, prayer, and living and sharing their faith.
● Preach or arrange for speakers for Sunday English worship services on a weekly basis.
● Oversee and teach at Sunday/weekday Bible studies and small group meetings.
● Plan and coordinate events and activities such as retreats, camps, short mission trips, community service, outreach events/activities, etc.
● Make efforts to be available to youth in a variety of ways (i.e. visitation, times of crisis)
● Relate the youth to the overall life of the church and the church to the needs of its youth
● Keep records of youth participation and manage the youth ministry budget.
● Ensure that safe environment policies are observed in all youth ministry settings
Requirements and Qualifications
● Must have a mature and growing relationship with Jesus Christ. Uphold the expectations of servant leaders in the Scriptures.
● Is expected to maintain integrity beyond reproach through a moral and ethical lifestyle. Must be wise in interactions with students.
● Must have God-honoring relationships with family and friends. Love God’s people, particularly the youth, as evidenced through empathetic, gracious, and patient interactions.
● Profess a vocational calling to full-time ministry. Must be self-motivated and enthusiastic about youth ministry. Happy to put in the time necessary to accomplish goals and tasks, and able to push through challenges.
● Must have graduated or about to graduate from college. Seminary training is a plus. Experience working with youth groups is preferred.
● Must have a doctrinal position that matches the EFCA’s Statement of Faith.
● Applicants that seek long-term relations with the church, are willing to get EFCA pastor license in 5 years, and have an appreciation of Asian-American cultures is preferred.
If interested, please submit the following to Donghua Dai (firstname.lastname@example.org)
3 references (name, phone number or email);
Optional materials that may help us to know you more (e.g. ministry calling and/or vision, sermon recording).