The purpose of the Master of Arts degree in Christian Education (MACE) is to prepare men and women to mobilize people to follow God’s call on their lives to use their God-given spiritual gifts and abilities as they pursue their passions in His name. The MACE is a professional degree directed toward preparing students for disciple making ministries in the church as well as ministries their communities, missions, denominational work, and other related ministries. In addition, the degree is foundational for entrance into advance degree programs in education.
Students graduating from the MACE degree program will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge, understanding, and appreciation of Biblical, theological, historical, philosophical, and psychological foundations of Christian Education in the context of mobilization.
- Demonstrate knowledge, understanding, and appreciation of developmental theories and their application to Christian education in the context of mobilization.
- Demonstrate knowledge, understanding, appreciation, and skills of the operative principles and administrative approaches for the educational ministry of the church done in the context of mobilization.
- Demonstrate knowledge, understanding, appreciation, and skills of discipleship, evangelism, teaching, leadership training, and age group ministry in the context of mobilization.
MACE Course Catalog
MACE Course Catalog
Core Course List (39HRS)
- BS 2210 Old Testament Survey I
- BS 2211 Old Testament Survey II
- BS 2310 New Testament Survey I
- BS 2311 New Testament Survey II
- BS 2400 Introduction to Hermeneutics
- HT 3110 Baptist History
- HT 3101 History of Christianity II
- HT 3200 Theology I
- HT 3201 Theology II
- HT 3300 Introduction to Apologetics
- MN 5060 Evangelism & Discipleship
- MN 5468 Leadership Practicum
- MS 7011 Missiology
Christian Education Course List (21 hrs)
- CE 8110 Principles of Teaching I
- CE 8111 Principles of Teaching II
- CE 8134 Issues in Christian Education
- CE 8411 Age Group Ministry
- CE 8345 Biblical Leadership & Administration for the Church
- CE 8306 Principles of Leadership
- CE 5801 Volunteer Ministry Practicum
Total Credit Hours 60 hrs