The purpose of the Master of Arts degree in Christian Education (MACE) is to prepare men and women to mobilize people to follow God’s call on their lives to use their God-given spiritual gifts and abilities as they pursue their passions in His name. The MACE is a professional degree directed toward preparing students for disciple making ministries in the church as well as ministries their communities, missions, denominational work, and other related ministries. In addition, the degree is foundational for entrance into advance degree programs in education.
Students graduating from the MACE degree program will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge, understanding, and appreciation of Biblical, theological, historical, philosophical, and psychological foundations of Christian Education in the context of mobilization.
- Demonstrate knowledge, understanding, and appreciation of developmental theories and their application to Christian education in the context of mobilization.
- Demonstrate knowledge, understanding, appreciation, and skills of the operative principles and administrative approaches for the educational ministry of the church done in the context of mobilization.
- Demonstrate knowledge, understanding, appreciation, and skills of discipleship, evangelism, teaching, leadership training, and age group ministry in the context of mobilization.
MACE Course Catalog
MACE Course Catalog
- BS2210 Old Testament Survey I
- BS2211 Old Testament Survey II
- BS2310 New Testament Survey I
- BS2311 New Testament Survey II
- BS2400 Introduction to Hermeneutics
- CE8301 Church Administration
- CE8482 Foundations in Equipping Practicum
- CE8483 Equipping Strategies Practicum
- CE8484 Preschool & Children Ministry Pract.
- CE8485 Youth Ministry Practicum
- CE8487 Adult Ministry Strategies Practicum
- HT3101 History of Christianity II
- HT3200 Theology I
- HT3201 Theology II
- HT3300 Introduction to Apologetics
- HT3400 Christian Ethics
- MN5060 Evangelism & Discipleship
- MN5468 Leadership Practicum
- MS7001 Theology & Philosophy of Missions OR MS7011 Missiology
- GS1801 Integrative I, Leadership (1 hr)
- GS1802 Integrative II, Assessment (1 hr)
- GS1803 Integrative III, Capstone (1 hr)