The MABC degree provides significant training in the principles and methods of biblical counseling, preparing students for service in local churches, biblical counseling centers, and wider ministry settings. The MABC meets current ACBC standards and is not intended to prepare graduates for state licensure.
Students graduating from the MA in Biblical Counseling degree program will be able to do the following:
- Evaluate secular and integrative counseling models based on biblical and historical perspectives.
- Interpret and apply Scripture to soul-care in local church and related settings using appropriate hermeneutical principles.
- Address the most common counseling problems and challenges of counseling using appropriate methods of biblical counseling.
- Formulate a personal strategy of biblical counseling for ministry in the local church.
Biblical Counseling Course Catalog
Core Course List (33HRS)
- BS 2210 Old Testament Survey I
- BS 2211 Old Testament Survey II
- BS 2310 New Testament Survey I
- BS 2311 New Testament Survey II
- BS 2400 Introduction to Hermeneutics
- HT 3200 Theology I
- HT 3201 Theology II
- HT 3100 History of Christianity I
- HT 3101 History of Christianity II
- HT 3400 Christian Ethics
- MN 5430 Introduction of Pastoral Ministry 1*
*Female students take CE 8411 Age Group Ministry in lieu of MN 5430 Intro to Pastoral Ministry
Biblical Counseling Course List (27 hrs)
- BC 5501 Biblical Counseling & Psychological Theories
- BC 5510 Biblical Counseling in the Local Church
- BC 5511 Biblical Interpretation & Counseling Methods
- BC 5512 History and Theology of Soul-Care
- BC 5513 Biblical Counseling & Emotional Issues
- BC 5514 Addictive Behaviors & Biblical Counseling
- BC 5515 Supervised Counseling Practicum I
- BC 5516 Supervised Counseling Practicum II
- BC 5522 Marriage & Family Counseling