Federal Work-Study Student Checklist
MBTS and Spurgeon College are pleased to announce the launch of the Federal Work-Study program. Federal Work-Study is available for on-campus and local Kansas City metro area students. Federal Work-Study is a program that allows eligible students with Financial Need from the FAFSA to earn money toward their education expenses through part-time employment. A limited amount of funding is available in the Federal Work-Study program. If you are interested in participating, do not delay completion of the steps highlighted below.
- Admitted and enrolled: Be an admitted, degree-seeking student, enrolled at least half-time (6 HRS UND; 5 HRS GRD)
- 2022-23 FAFSA: Complete the 2022-23 FAFSA at www.fafsa.gov
- Student Portal: any incomplete items on the My Financial Aid page on the Student Portal.
- Eligibility: Students must demonstrate Financial Need on the FAFSA and be eligible to receive Title IV Federal Student Aid funding. Students must meet minimum Satisfactory Academic Progress standards.
- FWS Request: Students must complete a Federal Work-Study Request, available by clicking here.
- Notification: The Financial Aid Office will notify all applicants regarding their eligibility status. If students are eligible, they will be directed to the on-line job board to begin applying for positions.
- Prepare: In preparation of approval, get your resume ready and fine tune your interviewing skills with a friend.
- Get Hired: Students will be contacted by each department supervisor if selected for an interview.