Website Williamstown Baptist Church
Position Description: Senior Pastor
Southern Baptist Convention-affiliated and located in the northcentral Kentucky community of Williamstown. Founded in 1878, WBC holds three Sunday services, a Wednesday evening prayer meeting service, and numerous ministries impacting Williamstown and the greater Grant County community. In the church year of 2019/2020, WBC had a regular morning service attendance of approximately 200, with a Sunday School attendance of 145.
Responsible for the spiritual leadership and welfare of the church and its members. Provides leadership for and actively participates in worship, education, discipleship and evangelism for the spiritual life and growth of members. Originates and presents services of public worship, administers and leads the pastoral ministry of the church, and has overall responsibility for staff.
· Orders and presents services of public worship and leads in observance of ordinances
· Administers and leads the pastoral ministry of the church
· Serves as Executive Officer, providing oversight of the church staff, volunteers, and ministries
· Visits and ministers to members and prospective members
· Conducts counseling sessions, performs wedding and funeral services
· Works effectively with Church’s officers, Deacons and other key leadership positions
· Serves as Overseer/Administrator of paid church staff
· Serves to recommend and advise committees and teams as an ex-officio member.
Shall be an ordained man called of God to ministry; holding orthodox Christian theology in accordance with the Baptist Faith and Message (2000 edition) and be committed to living and serving in a manner consistent with the standards set forth in Scripture, and shall meet the requirements set forth in Scripture for an elder (1 Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:5-16; 1 Peter 5:1-4).
Minimum five years of as a Senior Pastor in a Baptist church
Minimum B.S. degree in Theology/Pastoral Ministry; prefer a master’s level degree from an accredited Seminary or University.
Pay and Benefits
· Pay commiserate with qualifications and experience; housing allowance
· Health insurance reimbursement, PTO and vacation
· Annuity Payment
A complete Job Description, more detailed information about WBC and the community it serves can be found at Williamstown Baptist Church. A resume along with sermon links should be prayerfully submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org