Website Mathena Student Center
Auxiliary Services aids the mission of Midwestern Seminary and Spurgeon College by cultivating a campus environment & experience conducive to developing God-called men and women who, having benefited from our stewardship, ultimately go… pursuing the Gospel’s transformative power brought to bear throughout the world.
Contribute to the positive experience of every Mathena Student Center guest by as the first face people will meet upon entering; meets/greets visitors and guests, direct requests, and provides information as needed. Assists Director of Auxiliary Services in a staff capacity by performing confidential assignments, assisting in programming and handling administrative duties.
The MSC Front Desk Administrator plays a critical role in supporting the ongoing operations of a growing department and serves as an incredible opportunity to develop your professional experience and relationships. Essential functions include:
- Greet visitors, vet calls, and provide directions for administration building guests, deliveries, and sales representatives.
- Requests for Information (RFIs):
- Handle correspondence/RFIs coming to firstname.lastname@example.org inbox.
- Spearhead commitment to ensuring top-notch appearance and functionality of MSC facilities and amenities.
- Arrange reports and financial data
- Synchronize scheduling & communication efforts amongst MSC part-time staff
- Formulating presentations
- Ability to use the internet for research
- Computer data entry
- Word processing
- Other duties within Auxiliary Services as assigned
The qualified candidate will be a high-school graduate that is a quick learner, detail-oriented and organized. Qualifications include:
- Ability to work as part of a team and take initiative independent of direct supervision.
- Working knowledge of computers and data entry. Ability to learn new systems
- Skill in the use of MS Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Solid understanding of working as an assistant
- Outstanding organizational skills, ability to multitask, an eye for detail and previous project management experience
- Superior communication skills; proficient in verbal and written correspondence.
- Experience handing confidential information and files
- Ability to lift 25 pounds
- Follower of Jesus Christ and active in a local congregation.
Part-time hours (20-25 hours) needed to adequately complete the job. A flexible schedule is strongly encouraged, but not required.
The MSC Administrator usually operates from his/her own desk but could spend several hours of the day standing/walking/stooping within MSC to assist staff and guest, as needed. Lifting and moving 25 or more pounds, climbing ladders, standing for several hours, and bending are physical requirements for this position.
Reports to: Director of Auxiliary Services
Department: Institutional Administration – Auxiliary Services
FLSA Status: Hourly, Non-Exempt