Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary in Kansas City, Missouri is seeking a full-time Front-end Web Developer with a passion for crafting stunning visual and highly functional solutions for web design and development projects. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, collaborative at heart and continuously pursues new trends in web technologies and innovative designs while understanding institutional goals and strategy, brand guidelines, creative storytelling, and project parameters.
- Assist the Art Director in maintaining the visual identity of Midwestern Seminary and Spurgeon College by creating web tools that effectively communicate its desired message and supports the overall communication strategies, goals, and brand guidelines of the seminary.
- Exceptional development skills (expert in WordPress (PHP)).
- Exceptional conceptual design and layout skills (focus on UI/UX, Responsiveness, and Info Architecture)
- Manage and maintain content for all primary institutional websites.
- Strong attention to details with excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Discipline to consistently apply and enforce style/brand guidelines.
- Ability to respond professionally to direction, constructive critique and client feedback.
- Ability to prioritize, problem solve, and work well under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to manage time and projects wisely.
BASIC KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Must be able to demonstrate an understanding of visual identity management and consistency.
- Clear understanding of UI/UX principles, mobile-first responsive design, and information architecture.
- Metrics tracking and reporting (SEO, Analytics, etc.)
- Proficiency in Adobe CC – Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, Acrobat, or other creative and web tools.
- Working knowledge of eCommerce systems and integration (WooCommerce/Revel POS)
- Minimum of 2-5 years of work or internship experience in front-end web development, design, or communication field.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send a PDF resume and an updated portfolio (link to some of your work) to Kristen Lanier at KLanier@mbts.edu.