Website Mathena Student Center - Midwestern Seminary
Job Title: Tomlinson Café Barista – Work-Study
Department: Auxillary Services
Supervisor: Joseph Lanier
Length of Time: 2021 – 2022 Academic Year
Essential Duties Include:
- Engage customers in a warm and attentive manner.
- Welcome the customers by determining their coffee interests and inform them about specials.
- Prepare and sell coffee drinks and other Café items by following prescribed recipes and preparation techniques.
- Clean and restock work and customer areas, empty trash, and sanitize equipment and utensils.
- Collaborate as a fully engaged team member, working well with other team members.
- Responsible for maintaining the quality of products served as well as the quality of customer service provided.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean, safe, and aesthetically-pleasing environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Level of Experience Required:
- High School Graduate
Additional Qualifications and Skills:
- Competency in basic math skills.
- Ability to assist customers and generate sales.
- Superior communication including proficiency in verbal and written skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team, as well as take initiative independent of direct supervision.
- Ability to stay focused while providing a customer-centric culture.
- Café experience helpful but not required.
- Meets qualifications for Federal Work-Study Program
- Customer Service
- Problem Solving
- Project Management
Customer Service Interactions:
- Very frequent levels of contact involving explanation and problem-solving.
- Standing for extended periods of time
- Lift up to 40 lbs.
- May require stooping, kneeling, and bending
- Occasional use of a ladder.
Exposure to Hazardous Materials:
- Cleaning materials
- Antibacterial wipes