Website Campus Operations - Midwestern Seminary
Reports to: Facilities Supervisor
Pay rate: Pay will be based on skill level and experience
Midwest Baptist Seminary is currently looking to hire a special projects technician to join our team! We are seeking a Christian with high integrity who is actively pursuing a relationship with Christ in a local church body that is involved with Great Commission work.
The Special Projects Technician is responsible for building, installing, and repairing structures, fixtures, furniture, and other items using different types of materials including wood and steel throughout the campus. We are looking for a qualified carpenter/maintenance technician that can cut, fabricate and install wooden and other structures according to specifications. Your job will entail working in diverse settings to produce functional infrastructure improvements. The ideal candidate will also have good knowledge of wood properties and other carpentry materials. Working with little supervision while following all health and safety standards is essential.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Estimate height, width, length, and other proportions.
- Select materials from suppliers for the use in projects.
- Work with blueprints or instructions from supervisors from written or verbal procedures/instructions.
- Work with a variety of construction materials such as wood, plastic, fiberglass, drywall and metals.
- Utilize all types of tools including but not limited to: chisels, planes, saws, drills, hydraulic press, hot saws, jack hammers, table saws, routers, nail guns, levels, tape measures, plumb bobs, framing squares,
- Work on top of stilts, ladders, scaffolding and the top of buildings.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the Kansas City, Missouri and Missouri Building Codes.
- Types of work that you will be preforming includes: installing cabinets and molding, remodel portions of rooms and buildings, building forms for pouring concrete, erect scaffolding, digging trenches, replace panes of glass, ceiling tiles, working on and replacing doors, repair or build furniture, install partitions, replace and install windows move and install machinery as well as other task.
- Be able to operate a mini excavator, skid steer loader, man lift, trencher, forklift and other types of equipment.
- Install and repair sheetrock
- Work assignments may require interior and exterior work in varying weather conditions and temperatures. Including below freezing and above 100 degrees.
- Possess and use knowledge of safe workplace practices.
- The ability to advise and train lesser skilled staff members.
- Work assignments may include assisting with snow removal.
- You must have a valid and current driver license and be able to work in the USA.
- Capable of identifying problems and developing appropriate action plans for resolution of the problem.
- Capable of working from ladders, scaffolding and lifts.
- Able to lift 70 pounds.
- Other duties as assigned
Specialized Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
Prefer a working knowledge of the use of mini excavators, skid steer loaders and a man lift. Painting, sheetrock repair as well as any other types of general carpentry.