Website Midwestern Seminary
|Reports to||Director of Campus Operations|
Midwest Baptist Seminary is currently hiring a construction specialist to join our team as Special Projects Supervisor!
We are seeking a Christian with high integrity who is actively pursuing a relationship with Christ in a local church body involved with Great Commission work.
The Special Projects Supervisor is responsible for building, installing, and repairing structures, fixtures, furniture, and other items using various construction materials. The successful candidate will display a knowledge of and an ability to demonstrate construction skills necessary when cutting, fabricating, and installing structures to job specifications. The position will involve working in diverse settings to produce functional infrastructure improvements. The ideal candidate will also have an extensive knowledge of wood properties and other carpentry materials. In addition, essential to the position is the ability to work with little supervision while following all health and safety standards.
- Accurately estimate height, width, length, and other proportions to complete the assigned project.
- Able to interpret blueprints
- Able to follow written or verbal instructions.
- Procure the materials necessary to complete the project utilizing approved vendors while remaining within an approved budget.
- Work with a variety of construction materials such as wood, plastic, fiberglass, drywall and metals.
- Utilize all types of tools including but not limited to chisels, planes, saws, drills, hydraulic press, hot saws, jack hammers, table saws, routers, nail guns, levels, tape measures, plumb bobs, framing squares
- Work from stilts, ladders, scaffolding and building rooftops
- Maintain a working knowledge of the Kansas City, Missouri, and Missouri State Building Codes
- Types of work to be performed include: install cabinets and molding, remodel portions of rooms and buildings, build forms for concrete pours, erect scaffolds, dig trenches, replace window panes, ceiling tiles, repair and/or replace doors, repair or build furniture, install partitions, replace or install windows, move or install machinery as well as other tasks assigned by the department director.
- Possess and display knowledge of safe workplace practices
- The ability to advise and train fellow team members
- Work assignment may include assisting with snow removal
- Other duties as assigned
- High school education or equivalent
- Must be able to utilize Microsoft windows, Office and general computer software
- You must have a valid and current driver license and be able to work in the USA
WORKING CONDITIONS/ PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Work assignments may require interior and exterior work in varying weather conditions and temperatures, including below freezing and above 100 degrees
- Able to lift 70 pounds
- Typical work hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 4:30pm. Some evenings or weekends may be required, but infrequently
- Salary based on expertise and experience