Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary
The aim of the full-time position of Social Media and Content Manager in the office of Communications is twofold: (1) to design, execute, and maintain Midwestern Seminary’s social media presence across all platforms; and (2) to act as the primary content editor for Midwestern Seminary, Spurgeon College, and For The Church.
Manage and implement the overall social media strategy.
- Manage the day-to-day activity and direction on the primary social media accounts.
- Provide daily oversight and management of the content calendar.
- Monitor, listen, and respond to followers’ questions and comments as is appropriate.
- Help manage and execute organic and paid social media promotional campaigns for programs, events, and new initiatives.
- Analyze key metrics and make necessary tweaks to strategy as necessary.
- Provide weekly and monthly data and trend summaries for marketing and social media.
- Provide live coverage of major conferences and events as well as reflecting life on campus.
- Provide general oversight of the numerous auxiliary social accounts associated with Midwestern Seminary and Spurgeon College and lead an annual training for the managers of these accounts.
- Assist in content creation and idea generation for campaigns and promotions.
Provide editorial oversight and management for all internal and external publications.
- Act as the primary editor and proofreader of all internal and external content that is published.
- Assist in the editing, scheduling, and posting of articles on For The Church.
- Assist in developing and writing advertising, promotional, and email copy.
- Manage the bi-annual publication of the Midwestern Magazine.
- Manage the monthly email newsletter.