Website Midwestern Seminary
|Report to||Vice President of Auxiliary Services and Campus Operations|
|Department||Auxiliary Services – Administration|
|FLSA Status||Hourly, Non-Exempt|
|Max Hrs / Wk||20|
To deliver professional level customer service to all guests, students, staff, and faculty visiting the Mathena Student Center (MSC).
- Greet visitors and welcome guests in a professional and friendly manner
- Provide information and directions to MSC guests, delivery workers, and sales representatives.
- Observe the foot traffic coming into the Student Center and alert Security of anything that seems out of the ordinary.
- Know and be prepared to engage in emergency protocol should the need arise.
- Serve as Receptionist for MSC by answering phone calls and receiving/distributing messages on in-coming calls.
- Prepare and receive letters, packages etc. and notify the addressee.
- Ensure top-notch appearance and functionality of MSC facilities and amenities. recreation equipment inventory; check-outs and check-ins.
- Work closely with the Director of Auxiliary Services
- Assist with clerical and administrative tasks.
- Assist with phone calls and filing as needed.
- Adhere to office policies and procedures.
- Perform other tasks as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
MUST BE CURRENT STUDENT OF MBTS OR SPURGEON COLLEGE, AND
MUST QUALIFY FOR THE FEDERAL WORK STUDY PROGRAM VIA FAFSA
- Christian with high integrity, currently pursuing a relationship with God
- High School diploma or the equivalent
- Able to multi-task, analyze workload, and prioritize as necessary for the benefit of the student center
- Able to take the initiative to complete the duties of the position without the need of direct supervision.
- Able to learn and utilize new skills and information to improve job performance and efficiency.
- Must be able to work independently, as well as a part of a team
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must show a desire and willingness to learn
- Must possess a positive attitude
- Able to pass background screening, including driving record
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Varying shifts during MSC hours of operation
- Working primarily at the Front Desk of the MSC
- Frequently required to sit or stand for periods of time at desk or computer station
- Occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
- Able lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties or skills required for the position.
Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so they may perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to the institution. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation.