Website Purcellville Baptist Church
Purpose + Function
Purcellville Baptist Church (PBC) believes within the role and the call of a leader of ministry is to equip the saints for the work of the Lord’s ministry in order to build up the body of Christ (Ephesians 4:11-13).
The Youth Director/Minister/Pastor will take ownership of the Junior High and Senior High Ministry. The Youth Director/Minister/Pastor will provide direct oversight, administration, and spiritual guidance for the Youth ministry, both Junior High (6th – 8th grades) and Senior High (9th – 12th grades), of Purcellville Baptist Church, under the oversight of the Discipleship Pastor.
· Have a maturing relationship with God.
· Called to minister and teach to the rising generations.
· Shares the vision of Purcellville Baptist Church.
· Committed to spiritual, emotional, and physical health.
· Leans in to work, takes initiative, claims ownership of tasks.
· An effective and engaging communicator.
· Trusted by parents within the ministry.
· Respected and appreciated by students.
· A relational leader.
· Ownership of the Junior High and Senior High Ministries (6th – 12th grades)
a. Overall development of ministry to help children know God, find freedom, discover purpose, and make a difference.
b. Recruit and develop a team of volunteers to lead the Junior High and Senior High ministries during all services on Sunday.
c. Implement curriculum that is theologically sound and fits into the church-wide vision.
d. Provide ministry to the parents/guardians of the students as needed and as appropriate.
e. Develop and lead a student leadership team.
f. Ensure adherence to all child protection policies.
g. Ensure facility and equipment is maintained at a high level of safety and cleanliness.
· Support and participate in church-wide events.
a. Partner with and support church-wide events related to discipleship and family ministry.
b. Play a main leadership role in representing the church.
· Attend and participate in staff meetings.
· All other duties as assigned that further the mission and vision of Purcellville Baptist Church.
· Bachelor’s degree. Preference would be in a field of ministry.
· Previous experience in vocational ministry preferred.
Qualification + Experience
· Be a Spirit-led person of prayer committed to moving the Youth ministry to abundant life in Christ.
· Production of teaching material and curriculum.
· Communication skills in various formats (digital, social media, interpersonal, etc).
· Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Power Point.
· Critical Thinking.
· Ability to monitor ministry under guidance of Discipleship Pastor.
· Event coordination/planning.
· Managing of volunteers (coaching, recruiting, training, scheduling, and ministry needs).
· Continual researching of other Ministry programs and spiritual trends.
· Attending and participating in staff meetings.
· Community ministry involvement.
· Ability to monitor safety of students while in care to be aware of surroundings and to identify safety issues before and when they occur.
· Ability to respond to emergency situations that may include providing CPR or contacting help.
· Ability to remain stationary for extended periods of time while discipling, teaching, or waiting through a student event.
· Ability to communicate with students and parents.
For more information visit – purbap.org/employment
To apply for this job, please click here https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/2004