Website Midwestern Seminary | MWI
Report to: Director of Midwestern Women’s Institute
FSLA Status: Salary Exempt
Midwestern Women’s Institute is a residential certification program for women through Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary and Spurgeon College. The position of MWI Assistant Director exists to equip and train women preparing for Christian service in their homes, local churches, and other ministry settings including international missions, through class instruction, formal and informal discipleship, and structured events.
The Personal Assistant to the President’s Wife services the President’s wife through hospitality toward seminary guests, the service of her family, and oversight and execution of special events.
- Oversee at least one class in the Fall Sessions
- Assist with MWI course development
- Maintenance of
- MWI online presence
- Partnership with the FTC Institute
- IMB certification program
- Oversee all MWI events, staff, volunteers, and MWI resources
Personal Assistant to the President’s Wife
- Serve Mrs. Allen 10-15 hours a week with some exceptions
- Including but not limited to:
- assisting with planning, set-up and oversight of special events as required by Mrs. Allen.
- transportation of the Allen’s younger children to and from school and activities
- assistant with home schooling requirements
- available for extended stays (2 – 7 days) at the Allen home to oversee the daily activities of the younger children during times when Mrs. Allen is away on Seminary business
- Bachelor of Arts – any field
- Master of Arts – related to theology (MA is the minimum degree required)
- Prior woman’s ministry experience
- Prior administration experience
- Proficient communication skills
- Proficient management skills
- Must be a born-again, baptized believer in Jesus Christ
- Must be a member in good standing of a local church
- Must be kind, teachable, servant-hearted, and a self-starter
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Basic computer skills
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a teammate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phone, and printers, light traffic).
- Ability to work in a confined area.
- Ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time.
- Physical Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a teammate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to, stand, sit; talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard reach, stoop kneel to install computer equipment.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements due to computer work.
- Light to moderate lifting is required.
- Ability to uphold the stress of traveling.
- Regular, predictable attendance is required; including quarter-driven hours as business demands dictate.
- Part Time Federal Work Study Student
This job description identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.