Jacobstown Baptist Church
Jacobstown Baptist Church (Wrightstown, NJ) Youth Pastor
The Big Picture
Jacobstown Baptist Church (jacobstownbaptist.com) is seeking a Youth Pastor who is called to shepherd, teach, and lead the children and youth in the body of Christ.
We are the “Little Church on the Top of the Hill” in Wrightstown NJ. We purpose to meet together to prayerfully equip and encourage believers of Jesus Christ, through the preaching and teaching of God’s Word, to go and share Christ faithfully, while being conformed to the likeness of Jesus Christ.
This position is for a man called to shepherd, teach, and lead the children and youth in the body of Christ. The main goal of a man in this position is to disciple the children and youth by being a representative voice and presence of God. He is seen as part of the pastoral staff and has a greater reach of ministry than simply the children and youth. His role is to help develop the vision and direction of the church alongside the other pastors and to make sure that the youth and children play an important role in that vision.
Someone in this position is:
● Actively seeking to disciple children as followers of Christ
● Ensuring that the teaching and curriculum are biblically orthodox and life giving
● Fostering genuine community
● Recruiting and developing volunteer support staff
● Actively engaging parents as partners in ministry
A person in this position would be expected to do the following in collaboration with the pastors and church leadership:
– Lead weekly youth group meetings by planning games/activities and teaching for middle school to high school teenagers
– Attend regular church events (eg. Awana, prayer nights) as part of the
congregation and assist where needed
– Plan events that promote outreach, fellowship, and ministry opportunities that work in conjunction with normal youth group/church times. Events to be included would be:
– An annual outreach activity planned in close coordination with the Sr. Pastor
– Larger youth event outings for fun and outreach at least once every other month
– A summer VBS-like event or camp event planned with the Asst. Administrator
– Informal meetings with youth during the week with the purpose of relation building, counseling, and prayer
– Build up leaders within the church by mentoring, relating to volunteers and accompanying them to training/conferences
– Help recommend and teach curriculum in our junior church program
– Bachelor’s Degree or relevant equal experience
– Clear fingerprint / background check
– Letters of recommendation from previous church leaders
– Proof of membership in a Christ-centered church (must join JBC once job has been
– Evidence of biblical knowledge and the ability to communicate this knowledge to our
– Evidence of familiarity with current social media and other technology platforms
– Experience preferred in team building or leadership
– Has read and is in agreement with the church statement of faith and constitution
– Consistently attends church services and recurring events
– Shows a love for God and meets the qualifications for church leadership found in I Tim 3:2-13
– Feels called and gifted by God to ministry
– Desires to remain gospel-centered and spirit-led
– Is relatable and engaging to children, looking to be their shepherd and not their friend
– They are honorable and wise in their conduct toward youth
– Faithfully handles and teaches the word of God in a way that is clear, meaningful and relevant
– Patient and willing to work with parents
– A self-motivated and decisive person who takes initiative.
– Represents the church and respects its members in a God-honoring way
– Committed to working together for the common goal of the church
– Seeks to involve as many other people in their ministry with like passions
60K comprehensive package
Please look over this job description and the church website. Along with your resume please answer these questions:
Why do you believe that you might be a good fit as the Youth Pastor at Jacobstown Baptist Church?
Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the Youth Pastor for Jacobstown Baptist Church?
In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the doctrine of Jacobston Baptist Church?
Please send your resume, the answers to these questions and a link to at least one online message to Jason@no-feepastorsearch.com