Website Midwestern Seminary
|Report to||Assistant Director of Maintenance|
|Department||Maintenance – Campus Operations|
|FLSA Status||Salary Non-Exempt|
The students, faculty, and staff of Midwestern Seminary / Spurgeon College are our greatest assets. Maintaining quality living and working facilities for those on our campus is vitally important to the everyone’s well-being. The HVAC Technician is responsible for maintenance, repair and installation of the existing heating, air conditioning, refrigeration, and ventilation equipment campus wide.
- Install, repair and maintain a variety of equipment including: Refrigeration, air conditioning, electric motors, heating units, heat pumps, hermetic compressors, commercial furnaces, boilers, burners, intake and exhaust fans, economizers, humidifiers, capacity controls, semi-hermetic compressors, split systems, flame safeguard controls, air compressors, air driers, and packaged units throughout the campus.
- Analyze, plan, and perform Preventive Maintenance of HVAC systems throughout the campus
- Plan shutdowns for maintenance and repair work on chilled water, heated water, and condensation pumps
- Troubleshoot, repair, and modify current HVAC systems
- Maintain accurate inventory of all equipment and HVAC resources
- Maintain maintenance records as required by city, state, and EPA regulations
- Order and maintain parts as needed to repair and maintain HVAC equipment
- Install new heating, cooling, and ventilation systems
- Inspect current HVAC systems for effectiveness, safety, and efficiency
- Be able to manage your time between preventative maintenance issues and current system issues/alarms
- Perform other reasonable tasks as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
Including, but not limited to:
- Christian with high integrity, actively pursuing a relationship with God
- Able to read and understand electrical schematics and mechanical blueprints
- Able to run copper piping and PVC
- Able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Mathematical competency to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Understand and have mastered the refrigeration cycles to include identifying components in advanced refrigeration circuits, understanding how each component works, diagnosing and correcting problems in the refrigeration circuit, using manifold gauge set, pressure/temperature chart and temperature measuring devices for routine maintenance and to troubleshoot
- Understand refrigeration recovery, evacuation and charging, and the installation and sizing of refrigerant piping
- Understand and have mastered the heating cycle to include identifying components in heating system, understanding how each component works, diagnosing problems in the heating system using a gas pressure test and other devices for routine maintenance and to troubleshoot and repair.
- Understand and have mastered electron theory, how electricity travels, AC and DC currents, single phase and three phase circuits, and series and parallel circuits.
- Able to read wiring advanced wiring diagrams.
- Knowledge of Ohms Law.
- Able to use multi-meters to read voltage, current and resistance values.
- Must be able to troubleshoot advanced electrical circuits
- Understand and have mastered the fundamentals of temperature and humidity measurement and control in air conditioning units.
- Understand the process of treating air to simultaneously control its temperature, humidity, cleanliness, and distribution.
- Able to use a psychometric chart to determine the results of mixing air having various properties
- Knowledge of Advanced heat load/loss calculations
- Knowledge of Advanced cooling load calculations
- EPA 608 Universal
- Knowledge of Windows operating systems, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Must be a team player and committed to working in a quality environment
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Basic knowledge of building systems and/or construction is helpful, but not required
- You MUST be comfortable on a ladder, around heights and around equipment
- Positive attitude with a desire and willingness to learn
- Able to multi-task, analyze workload, and prioritize as necessary for the benefit of the department
- Strong attention to detail
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
- Must be able to pass background screening, including driving record
- Eligible to work in the United States
Full-Time employees are offered a comprehensive benefit package including:
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical and Dependent Care
- Employer Paid Life & AD/D for the employee as well as dependents
- Voluntary Life & AD/D
- Employer Paid Long Term Disability
- Voluntary Short Term Disability
- Voluntary Supplemental Benefits from AFLAC
- 403(b) Retirement
- Paid Sick Leave and PTO
- MBTS / Spurgeon College Tuition Reimbursement for employee and dependents
- Access to on campus cafeteria and coffee shop
- Access to on campus gymnasium, exercise facilities, etc.
- Monday through Friday, 8 am to 4:30 pm
- Extreme outside temperatures depending on season
- Tight spaces
- Exposure to loud noises requiring hearing protection, dust, fumes, and gasses.
- Use of safety equipment including but not limited to: Safety glasses, hearing protection, steel toes work boots and hard hats.
- Loose fitting clothing is not permitted.
- Uniforms are provided
- Physically demanding position, requiring walking, standing, bending, climbing, crawling twisting, and/or squatting consistently
- Able to extend arms and reach over head
- Able to lift, push or pull up to 25 pounds frequently
- Able to lift, push or pull up to 100 lbs. occasionally
- Able to climb a ladder and work from height
- Must be able to work in tight spaces, including crawl spaces and above ceilings
- HVAC Technician – Entry Level
- Based on Experience
This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties or skills required for the position.