Gulf Training Center
The Gulf Training Center (GTC) is seeking applications from experienced professors of Biblical or Theological
studies for a visiting professorship of one semester or one school year. Ideal for a sabbatical or for seeking to
serve the global church in retirement, this role is a strategic investment in prospective church planters and
pastors for the least-reached part of the world. The specific design of the visiting professorship including
courses taught, other responsibilities, and time set aside for other research/writing or travel, will be
customized according to the candidate’s specific background and requirements.
Located in Dubai, UAE, the Gulf Training Center is a new institution training pastors and church planters for
the 10/40 Window. We are affiliated with Redeemer Church of Dubai. We began offering classes in 2015,
and our innovative church-dependent pastoral education curriculum launched with the 2016-17 first-year
cohort. We are working in partnership with notable international seminaries and mission organizations, and
are pursuing regional accreditation. Currently all classes are taught in English. Past visiting lecturers have
included Joel Beeke, Todd Bolen, D.A. Carson, Mark Dever, Ligon Duncan, Mike Fabarez, Gary Millar, Michael
Reeves, Thomas Schreiner, Bruce Ware, and Stephen Wellum.
• A growing believer in Jesus Christ, biblically qualified for the office of elder (1 Tim 3; Titus 1)
• Ph.D. in Biblical Studies or Theological Studies, and prior experience teaching on the
• Demonstrated passion for the local church and the church’s mission of making disciples of all nations
• Ability to teach with clarity and excellence
• Agreement with The Gospel Coalition Confessional Statement (http://bit.ly/tgc-confession)
• Membership in, and strong recommendation of, faithful local church
We are able to provide housing for visiting professors, but as a missionary institution we are not able to
provide a salary for this position. You will need to raise or provide your own support for airfare, visa, and
living expenses. Support can be facilitated though organizations we currently work with or through a
different organization with which you may be connected.
Please send C.V. and cover letter to: Mr. Benjamin Van Dyke, Academic Administrator, GTC.
firstname.lastname@example.org. More information about this position and GTC can be found here