Website Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary
Reports To: Facilities Supervisor
Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary is currently looking to hire a Special Projects Technician to join our team! We are seeking a Christian with high integrity who is actively pursuing a relationship with Christ in a local church body that is involved with Great Commission work.
The Special Projects Technician is responsible for building, installing, and repairing structures, fixtures, furniture, and other items using different types of materials including wood and steel throughout the campus. We are looking for a qualified carpenter/maintenance technician that can cut, fabricate and install wooden and other structures according to specifications. Your job will entail working in diverse settings to produce functional infrastructure improvements. The ideal candidate will also have good knowledge of wood properties and other carpentry materials. Working with little supervision while following all health and safety standards is essential.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Estimate height, width, length, and other proportions.
- Select materials from suppliers for the use in projects.
- Work with blueprints or instructions from supervisors.
- Work with materials such as wood, plastic, fiberglass, drywall and metals.
- Utilize all types of tools including but not limited to: chisels, planes, saws, drills, hydraulic press, hot saws, jack hammers, table saws, routers, nail guns, levels, tape measures, plumb bobs, framing squares,
- Work on top of stilts, ladders, scaffolding and the top of buildings.
- Check work along the way to ensure it’s up to code and specifications.
- Types of work that you will be preforming includes: installing cabinets and molding, remodel portions of rooms and buildings, building forms for pouring concrete, erect scaffolding, digging trenches, replace panes of glass, ceiling tiles, and doors, repair or build furniture, install partitions, doors, and windows move and install machinery as well as other task.
- Be able to operate a mini excavator, skid steer loader, man lift, trencher, fork lift and other types of equipment.
- Other duties as assigned
- You must have a valid and current driver license and be able to work in the USA.
Specialized Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
Prefer a working knowledge of the use of mini excavators, skid steer loaders and a man lift. Painting, sheetrock repair as well as any other types of general carpentry.