First Chinese Baptist Church of Los Angeles
Employment Status and Hours: Exempt, Regular full-time
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Reports to: English-speaking Lead Pastor
Job Summary: The Youth Minister will serve as the spiritual leader of the Youth Ministry (grades 6-12). This
individual carries out the spiritual vision for Youth Ministry within the scope of the overall church vision as
set forth by the Senior Pastor. Further, he/she develops youth to walk with God by fostering spiritual growth
through worship, Bible teaching, fellowship, prayer and outreach. He/ she works and communicates with
youth leaders, parents, and pastoral staff for effective youth ministry. He/she cares for the youth’s spiritual
needs through counseling and personal contact/ministry and demonstrates concern for families and youth.
Delegated Authority: Supervises and directs volunteer Youth workers and staff. Delegates tasks and
responsibilities as needed.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (This position’s duties and responsibilities are not
limited by the following listing; the employee performs other duties as assigned):
1. Responsible for the ministry strategy, development, organization, coordination, and review of the Youth
2. Works directly with youth workers in planning activities, projects and programs.
3. Coordinates with other English-speaking pastors to plan, organize, supervise, and execute corporate
4. Responsible for preaching and teaching.
5. Develops, equips and trains youth workers in the areas of discipleship, discipline, teaching, leading
Bible study and personal evangelism.
6. Supervises youth fellowship groups, Sunday Schools and other youth-related ministries.
7. Engages youth and youth workers through attendance and participation in youth fellowship groups,
Sunday Schools, and other youth-related ministries.
8. Encourages youth to be involved in church-wide activities/ministries.
9. Maintains regular working hours.
10. Is available as needs arise, for prayer for sick, crises, and other emergencies involving youth.
11. Regularly attends Pastoral, Deacons, Members, and Prayer meetings.
12. Performs other duties as directed by English-speaking Lead Pastor.
13. Maintains compliance with church policies and procedures.
Job Posting – English Youth Minister
1. Calling and Commitment
a. A confirmed and committed calling by God into the gospel ministry
b. Called by God especially to serve in the Youth Ministry
a. Demonstrates God’s presence with him/ her.
i. Humble before the Lord and His people.
ii. Godly and prayerful.
iii. Teachable and accountable.
iv. Pursues personal holiness
b. Demonstrates wisdom.
i. Handles problems and conflict with sound discernment
ii. Works with individuals and groups as a team worker.
c. Is a shepherd.
i. Personable, approachable, and available
ii. Compassionate and caring for believers and non-believers
iii. Encouraging and supportive.
3. Spiritual Gifts and Abilities
a. Preaches expository
b. Teaches the Bible effectively
c. Leads responsibly
i. Communicates and speaks with integrity
ii. Initiates, organizes, leads, and delegates
As a member of the pastoral staff, this position will have daily contact with the church office staff including
maintenance, administrative staff members and various elected/ appointed committees, as well as frequent
contact with volunteer lay workers and parents of the church’s youth members. On many occasions
members of the pastoral staff will have contact with third parties on behalf of the church. In all instances,
pastoral staff members must maintain a professional and spiritual decorum in all contacts and
communications (both written and oral) with all parties.
MINIMAL QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Education: Master’s degree in Divinity or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Work experience: Three (3) years full time experience with youth in a minister’s role or equivalent
combination of experience, training and certification.
Skills: Administration, Organizational Leadership, Communication, Teaching, and Preaching.
● Must be able to communicate via different online platforms (e.g., Facebook, Instagram and etc…)
● Familiarity with Asian American Culture is recommended.
Certifications or Licenses: None
WORK CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
● Office environment working at a modular desk. In front of a computer monitor for several hours on a
● Frequent standing is required.
● Operate computer and standard office equipment including copiers.
● Must be able to drive to attend various ministry- or church-related functions/events.
● Acknowledges and agrees to abide by FCBCLA’s Constitution and By-laws and Statement of Faith.
Salary is commensurate with experience. This job description is intended to convey information essential to
understanding the scope of this position and not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties,
responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. This job description is subject to change
by the church as the needs of the church and requirements of the job change.
PLEASE SUBMIT APPLICATIONS HERE: https://fcbc.org/job-postings/
FOR QUESTIONS, CONTACT email@example.com (Subject: YMSC)