First Baptist Church
The First Baptist Church of Savannah, Missouri, established 117 years ago, is prayerfully seeking a Senior Pastor to serve our congregation and community. We seek a dynamic, energetic and spiritual visionary committed to offering pastoral care. With God’s help, the Pastor will lead the church forward in fulfilling God’s purpose. We are a Conservative Southern Baptist Church, and a member of the Missouri Baptist Convention. As such, we have adopted The Baptist Faith and Message 2000. We are a congregational governed, deacon served church.
Job Description Summary is as follows;
- The pastor of the First Baptist Church of Savannah is to first be a servant of God.
- The Pastor of the First Baptist Church of Savannah is to be a true and faithful follower of Jesus Christ, and believe in the inerrancy of the Bible.
- The Pastor must provide spiritual and pastoral leadership to the the membership of God’s church.
- The leadership provided by the Pastor must seek to fulfill the mission and purpose of the Body of Christ by; offering worship to the Father, encouraging true fellowship within and outside of the church, promoting discipleship of the church body, and seeking to create opportunities for evangelism.
- It is the desire of the church that our Pastor live in and be an active servant to our local community.
- Master’s Degree and or 5 years of experience as an Associate or Senior Pastor
- Ordained Baptist Minister
Please send resumes via postal mail or email to: First Baptist Church, ATTN: Pastor Search Committee, 500 E Pawnee, Savannah, Mo 64485 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
All information received will be treated with confidentiality and as the property of First Baptist Church of Savannah, Mo.