First Baptist Church
First Baptist Church of Tracy City is a 126 year old Southern Baptist Church in Tracy City TN, on the southern end of the beautiful Cumberland Plateau.
We are prayerfully seeking a full-time pastor to lead our church in the faithful execution of our responsibilities and privileges as a New Testament church.
The Pastor is responsible for providing spiritual instruction and strategic leadership to the members, staff and ministries of the church.
The Pastor is not responsible for doing everything, but for equipping the congregation in order that it is properly done (Ephesians 4.12).
· Plan and conduct/oversee worship services, develop sermons, plan with music leadership and lead/oversee in the observance of ordinances.
· Lead the congregation in effective programs to fulfill the Great Commission consistent with FBCTC’s vision.
· Lead in personal evangelism; model and teach effective tools to lead the lost to salvation in Christ.
· Communicate effectively and regularly with the congregation through written, spoken, and media channels, bulletins and worship services.
· Maintain a vital and wholesome personal relationship with the Lord through daily Bible study prayer, and service.
· Work with Deacons and other leadership to carry out the mission and purpose of the church.
· Conduct counseling sessions, performs wedding ceremonies and funerals for members/families, and the community, as possible and appropriate
· Oversee, along with Deacons, all church matters of discipline and the resolution of conflict issues in the church.
· Participate in financial stewardship via tithe and offering.
· Adhere to the Church Constitution and Bylaws and as adopted by the church.
· Maintain proper priorities at home with his wife and children.
· Oversee pastoral ministry of the church to ensure appropriate care for all members. Visit and minister to members and prospective members in homes, nursing care facilities and hospitals as possible and appropriate.
· Oversee all ministerial staff to ensure effective ministry consistent with church vision.
· Maintain cooperative relationship with associational, state and denominational leaders in matters of interest and concern to FBCTC.