Website First Baptist Church
The Youth Pastor is responsible for encouraging and equipping First Baptist Youth to grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ while also seeking to introduce new Youth to Jesus Christ. The Youth at First Baptist are defined as grades 7-12.
1. A bachelor’s degree related to ministry, preferred.
2. 3+ years in ministry leadership, preferred.
3. A consistent model of 1 Timothy 3 qualities.
Oversee Youth Program
1. Oversee and organize the weekly Youth Group.
2. Oversee and organize Youth outreach.
3. Help the Sunday School Superintendent oversee the Youth Sunday School classes.
4. Develop short-term and long-term discipleship objectives for the Youth Program.
5. Maintain and manage the Youth Budget. Fundraise for activities, if needed.
6. Foster Relationships with the parents of the youth.
1. Teach the Word of God to youth in a way that meets them where they currently are while preparing them for the responsibilities of following Christ throughout their lives.
2. Equip volunteers to assist in discipling the Youth.
3. Create Opportunities for the Youth to learn how to follow God.
4. Equip the Youth to disciple other youth.
5. Meet with individual Youth to get to know them and to encourage them to walk with Jesus.
6. Support Youth in activities and at places they are involved with outside the Church.
Maintain a Safe Youth Environment
1. Be a member of the Abuse Prevention and Risk Management Committee.
2. Be diligent in creating a safe atmosphere at any Youth activity.
Be a Full Participant in the Life of the Church
1. Participate in Church life in a way that exemplifies Hebrews 10:24-25.
2. Be supportive of wider Church efforts and vision.
3. Use any gifts to the service of the Church, as able.
4. Shall abide by the By-Laws and Appendix of First Baptist Church.
5. Shall abide by American Baptist Churches USA Code of Ethics.
Maintain a healthy Spiritual Life
1. Practice regular fellowship with other staff by regularly attending staff prayer planning, and engaging with the Senior Pastor in spiritual growth opportunities.
2. Practice regular habits of prayer, Bible study, and fellowship with other believers.
3. Lead family (if applicable) in a sacrificial manner as guided by Ephesians 5-6.
4. Use Social Media responsibly as a representative of Christ, interacting with all people with grace and respect.
Assist the Senior Pastor
1. When the Senior Pastor is gone, fill in as needed. This includes visitation responsibilities.
2. Fill the pulpit as needed. This will be approximately 2-3 times a year.
3. Maintain a consistent, positive communication with the Senior Pastor.
4. Pray and dream with the Senior Pastor about the future of Kearney First Baptist.
The Senior Pastor will evaluate the Youth Pastor annually with oversight from the Personnel Committee. Reviews should be based on mutually agreed upon performance goals established at the beginning of the calendar year.
Evaluations can increase effectiveness as well as improve communications. They can also be a way to celebrate achievement of objectives and determine new objectives. Unreached objectives or weaknesses in leadership can be discussed in love and with plans for improvement.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
This is a flexible and engaging position, requiring unique responsibilities that align with Youth Culture. The Youth Pastor will handle difficult spiritual problems, balance multiple tasks simultaneously, and make appropriately considered decisions. The pastor maintains a flexible work schedule to meet the demands of youth and volunteers. Their hours may be long and irregular. The Youth Pastor conveys a professional and positive attitude regarding First Baptist Church.
Additional Information & Application Details:
First Baptist Church is an ABC-USA church located in Kearney, Nebraska, a progressive community of 35,000. Normal weekly attendance ranges between 400-425 congregants. For information about a statement of faith as well as who we are, please go to www.kearneyfb.org.
This Youth Pastor position will remain open until filled.
To apply, please fill out the Application form on the website (www.kearneyfb.org/jobs) and send that along with a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Further information may be obtained from 308-234-2311 (Kearney FBC Office).