Website First Baptist Church
The Children/Youth Pastor is responsible for supporting church staff in the
accomplishment of the church’s mission to ensure that the family of God is
working together to make disciples of the next generation. This includes
involvement in outreach, student and children’s ministry areas as well as an
understanding of church operations.
Essential Job Functions
1. Support the Senior Pastor in the accomplishment of the church’s mission
through ministry effectiveness evaluation, discernment, decision making,
planning and overall direction of church staff.
2. Lead the ministry staff/volunteers in the establishment and ongoing direction
of ministries that effectively reach young families with children/teens,
ensuring the accomplishment of the overall mission.
3. Champion the development of infrastructure by all ministry and support areas
that leads to healthy, long-term spiritual growth of families and children/teens
using curricula which are complementary among the age groups.
4. Lead Youth and Children’s area in the development of engaging ministries
which are interconnected and seamless.
5. Lead in the development of a program which fosters spiritually healthy
families by encouraging home-church connections, parent training and
6. Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
This position requires candidates to be an ordained pastor. They also must
possess education and/or experience commensurate with the job duties described
above. The successful individual must have a proven track record of effective
leadership, judgment and character above reproach.