Website FBC Starkville
The Youth Minister serves as the church’s primary facilitator in its ministry to 7th-12th grade students. The youth minister will serve alongside the Senior Pastor, Connections Pastor, the family ministry team, and the church staff to fulfill the mission of FBC Starkville. This includes implementing and executing a strategy for seeing teenagers begin a relationship with Jesus and grow in Him.
- Be a growing follower of Jesus that meets the biblical standard (1Timothy 3:1-7 & Titus 1:5-9) for a pastor/minister.
- Provide godly leadership for our church’s ministry to teenagers and their parents.
- Recruit, develop, and utilize adults and college students in serving within the church’s ministry to teens.
- Cultivate a love for Jesus among teens through discipleship, missions, evangelism, fellowship, and worship.
- Be purposeful in connecting teenagers not just to the youth ministry but to the church body.
- Equip parents of teens in their role as the primary discipler in their home.
- Provide leadership for youth community groups (recruit and train leaders, select curriculum, etc.) and the Wednesday night youth worship service.
- Develop and oversee the church’s youth ministry budget as well as designated gifts to the youth ministry.
- Communicate with teens, parents, youth ministry leaders, and the church with information regarding the youth ministry and current cultural trends.
- Help cultivate a love for teens among our church members and foster an attitude among the church body for our church to be a place where teenagers are welcomed and encouraged.
- Seek regular opportunities for professional development as a youth minister; this can be through conferences, reading books, podcasts, youth ministry networks, etc.
- Provide pastoral counseling for parents and teens as needed.
- Recruit, train, supervise youth interns.
- Promote an atmosphere of a cohesive team among the church staff.
- Attend weekly staff meetings, keep regular office hours, and be available to church membership.
This full-time position is seminary degree much preferred with a minimum of 3 years of experience in youth ministry within a church setting. This individual must have an Ephesians 4 heart of equipping, being relational, and exhibiting a high regard for details.
- cover letter
- resume with a minimum of 3 references