Website Eudora Baptist Church
Eudora Baptist Church of Eudora, KS (located five miles east of Lawrence, KS and twenty miles west of the Kansas City, KS Metroplex) is searching for a Lead Pastor to lead the church into a new chapter of ministry and outreach. The Lead Pastor will have the privilege of providing biblical and relevant sermons, strong and strategic leadership, coaching and oversight for staff and lay leaders, and pastoral care for the congregation.
· Experienced with 4+ years of associate or lead pastoring.
· Has at least a Bachelor’s in Bible/Ministry but preferably a Masters of Divinity.
· Is a Southern Baptist and upholds the Baptist Faith and Message 2000.
· Committed to preaching and teaching Scripture in an expository manner.
· Devoted to personal discipleship and growth.
· Skilled in leading, delegating, vision casting, conflict resolution, and coaching.
· Possesses a genuine love for God’s people and a burden for the lost.
· Effective communicator in oral and written form.
1. Preach/teach during worship services and other group settings.
2. Provide vision, understanding, encouragement, and oversight for the church.
3. Develop and disciple leaders and volunteers for the work of the church.
4. Participate in on-going education (if applicable) and training opportunities that will enhance his ministerial understanding and ability.
5. Administer ceremonies and biblical ordinances of the church.
6. Model and encourage prayer upon the congregation and conduct scheduled prayer meetings
7. Work with ministry teams to identify, develop, and organize ministry opportunities for the edification of the church and to outreach to those outside the church.
8. Serve as a member of the Church Council in the role of “Lead Pastor”.
9. Provide, facilitate and organize pastoral care for all within the church.
10. Provide personal, pre-marital, marital, crisis, and conflict resolution counseling in a safe and non-intimate setting, knowing one’s limitations and referring to professionals when necessary.
1. Prepare Sunday morning sermons and other teaching times.
2. Follow up with new and potential church members.
3. Provide support to individuals on staff and lead regular weekly meetings.
4. Participate and provide leadership in ministry team meetings.
5. Coordinate with Deacons for visitation with church members in need.
6. Work alongside worship leader to plan and coordinate Sunday morning services.
$75,000+ based on experience and education
Please send Resume, Cover Letter, two Letters of Recommendation, three Additional References, and Weblink to email@example.com.