Website Cotton Flat Baptist Church
Minister of Youth / Associate Pastor
Job Title: Minster of Youth / Associate Pastor
Reports to: Pastor
Position Status: Full Time
The Minister of Youth / Associate Pastor is responsible for, in coordination with the Pastor,
designing, coordinating, and overseeing all aspects of the Student Ministry focusing on building
disciples for Christ. Areas of focus will include group building, worship, discipleship, missions and
outreach. Serving as an engaging spiritual leader and role model inside and outside the church.
Associate Pastor duties will include ministry to all age groups within the church, including and not
limited to filling the pulpit as needed, Hospital and ministry visits, funeral ministry, participation in
church events and other duties as assigned by the pastor.
The Minister of Youth / Associate Pastor will have a level of maturity, that allows him to work well with
both adults and students, relating easily to people of all ages.
The Minister of Youth / Associate Pastor will be a married man, however single men will be evaluated
on an individual basis.
The Minister of Youth / Associate Pastor will have completed at least a bachelor’s degree or be in
progress of earning his degree.
The Minister of Youth / Associate Pastor will have or be willing to obtain a CDL license with Passenger
The Minister of Youth / Associate Pastor’s theology will be in line with traditional Southern Baptist
Theology with a conservative leaning.
The Minister of Youth / Associate Pastor should possess good organizational skills, be self-motivated, a
self-starter, who is service and mission minded.
The Minister of Youth / Associate Pastor should be computer literate, familiar with Word, Powerpoint,
Excel and other basic computer programs.
The Minister of Youth / Associate Pastor should be family oriented.
The Minister of Youth / Associate Pastor should have good written and oral communication skills.
The Minister of Youth / Associate Pastor should be willing to take direction, with an attitude towards
The Minister of Youth / Associate Pastor should be willing to facilitate off site and after-hours
programing for both students and adults. For example, Camps, Fun Activities, Christmas Caroling, and
other “outside the church” programming.
The Minister of Youth / Associate Pastor should understand the full-time nature of a ministry position.
It is preferred but not required that the Minister of Youth / Associate Pastor have some experience in
working with students.
The Minister of Youth / Associate Pastor should be flexible understanding the changing needs of a
congregation, and willing to work and minister in every situation that arises.
The Minister of Youth / Associate Pastor will be willing to work with a team approach to ministry,
answering to the Pastor.
The Minister of Youth / Associate Pastor will submit to both a credit report search and a full
background check as a condition of applying for this position. Failure to agree to these checks will
result in loss of employment opportunity.
As Youth Pastor / Student Pastor
1. Plan, coordinate, and promote a balanced program of activities and discipleship
ministry to youth.
2. Oversee, and or teach Youth Sunday School.
3. Train and involve youth and youth leaders in outreach.
4. Be available to counsel with youth and parents.
5. Involve youth in ministry and mission projects.
6. Support youth in their school setting.
7. Minister to parents and be available to discuss issues related to their child or youth
8. Coordinate with the pastor and other ministry leaders in the church.
9. Be available and willing to participate in every area of church ministry.
Associate Pastor / General Responsibilities:
1. Have a heart for Jesus Christ.
2. Attend and participate in regular planning with staff, deacons, and church council.
3. Be an example of Christian Honesty and integrity; representing our Lord and His
church in a worthy manner.
4. Communicate and coordinate all aspects of ministry with the Pastor.
5. Work with other staff, church leaders and members as members of a team with the
Pastor being the head of the Team.
6. Live as a disciple of Christ.
7. Fill the pulpit in the absence of the pastor.
8. Follow the biblical example of stewardship.
9. Assist the pastor in supervision of paid staff.
10. Assist with and perform as necessary in the areas of funeral, hospital visitation, and
various other church related ministries.
11. Perform other church related tasks as assigned by the pastor.
12. Keep an attitude of ministry mindedness in all that you do.
13. Willingness to serve in any area as needed.
(ability to lead music on occasion is a big plus)
1. This is a Full-time position and as such it is expected that you will work with that in
mind, understanding that flexibility is key to much that goes on in the life of a
2. Office hours are expected; however they are flexible depending upon the needs of
the individual ministry and the responsibilities of the position.
3. Time off, Vacation Time, and ministry scheduling must be approved by the Pastor.res