Website Brunswick Baptist Church
Brunswick Baptist Church of Brunswick, NY is a Christ centered, theologically conservative, Southern Baptist Church of about 90 active members. As one of the least churched areas in the United States, our community is ripe for evangelism. As part of our mission, BBC also works hand in hand with the Hudson Baptist Association (HBANY.net) to promote church planting in the region. We are prayerfully seeking a pastor who will help shape the vision of our church for the next generation.
We hope to fill this position with a dynamic and Spirit filled leader who will partner with our other pastors / ministry volunteers to meet the spiritual needs of:
Our congregation, with practical preaching & discipleship
Our local community, with purposeful outreach & ministry
The world, with a passionate focus on missions & giving
At BBC we enjoy sound biblical teaching and joyous praise and worship. Currently we are holding one worship service weekly that is supplemented with small group Bible studies and times of prayer.
Our church is located just outside Troy in northeastern New York, just 35 miles from the Vermont and Massachusetts line. Near the State Capital of Albany, we are 60 miles from the Adirondack Mountains and 40 miles from the Catskills. Troy is located at `the convergence of the Mohawk and Hudson Rivers.
As our current Senior Pastor approaches retirement, we are seeking to transition this this full-time position on our pastoral leadership team to the position of Senior Pastor, after a short period of six months.
The successful candidate will meet the requirements for eldership as set forth in Paul’s letters to Timothy and Titus.
Additionally, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
· A vital walk with Jesus Christ evidenced by faithfulness, passion, and an appreciation for God’s glorious grace.
· A gift and a passion for preaching the eternal, inerrant, and unalterable Word of God as revealed in the Old and New Testaments.
· A practice of personal one-on-one evangelism and discipleship and a commitment to equipping others to do the same.
· A commitment to small groups as a key strategy for church growth and discipleship.
· Authentic communication which is easy to understand and down-to-earth, and willingness to share personal experiences from his heart and life.
· A willingness to accept input from and be appropriately transparent with those they are leading, and intimately transparent and accountable to those with whom they share leadership.
· A track record of effective time management, personal management, leadership, and professionalism.
· Active family leadership. The Pastor’s family should be supportive of God’s call on their life.
A degree in a theological discipline from a recognized evangelical institution of higher learning is preferred.
5+ years of pastoral experience is preferred.
Please forward inquiries to: Brunswick Baptist Church 777 Sixth Ave. Troy, NY 12182 / Pastorrmc@gmail.com