Website Blue Hills Baptist Church
Blue Hills Baptist Church, a small growing one year-old church replant located in Independence, Missouri seeks a new worship leader.
The ideal candidate will have a passion and ability to lead in real, heart-level praise and worship to God. The candidate will direct and oversee the music and prayer ministries of the church. Job functions include:
- Preparing for and leading in both song and prayer during all Sunday and Wednesday services in coordination with the pastor
- Rehearsing regularly with the worship team
- Overseeing the composition of the worship team
- Overseeing relevant areas of church ministry (music budget, sound equipment, Propresenter, etc.)
- Teaching Bible studies (as needed) and, if both desired and eligible, occasional preaching
This position is accountable to the lead pastor (Dr. Robert Matz of MBTS) and reviewed by the personnel committee in all aspects of the music ministry. The candidate shall serve under and with the pastor to create an inviting, encouraging, and gospel centered worship ministry.
This position is classified as part-time staff (10-15 hours per week) and must be filled by an active member of (or someone able & willing to join) the church and a mature Christian.
Pay: $150/week and classified as an employee of the church