Website Amissville Baptist Church
ABC seeks to encourage college students by expanding their understanding of and their love for the local church. ABC’s interns will spend the end of May through early August investing in the families of ABC. They will help with Vacation Bible School, lead children’s summer Bible studies, serve on Sunday mornings in a variety of ways, and help plan kid’s ministry events. The interns will also read several books and will spend the summer discussing what the Bible says about the gospel, church, and ministering to families.
1. Have completed at least two years of college or the equivalent
2. Be a born-again believer
3. Agree with ABC’s statement of faith and constitution
4. Have a heart for children and families
5. Pass ABC’s background check
1. Attend the SBCV training if required.
2. The internship will begin on Sunday May 26 and will end on Monday, August 11.
3. Work in the office Monday-Thursday 9AM-3:00PM (Begin May 27 and end August 9).
4. Lead ABC Parents’ Meeting at 6PM on June 9.
5. Help with VBS- June 3-7.
a. Leading The Bible Teaching.
b. Other duties as designated by the VBS direct such as crafts or helping with an age group.
c. VBS Follow up: Writing cards to guests
6. Work a Week a Fusion Camp (If applicable).
7. Plan and facilitate one-two a Special Events per month
8. Lead Children’s Church every other week
9. Plan and lead Summer Life Kids’ program which takes place on Sunday and Thursday Nights from 6:30-7:30PM
a. (Sunday Nights)
b. (Wed Nights)
10. Read, write a one page summary, and discuss with the Pastor on Thursdays at 1:30PM the following books and articles (ABC will provide all books and articles):
1. What is the Gospel: Greg Gilbert
2. Leading Your Child to Christ: Marty Machowski
3. What Is A Healthy Church: Mark Dever
4. Show Them Jesus: Jack Klumpenhower
5. On Guard: Deepak Reju (Chapters 3, 4, and 5).
6. Seeing With New Eyes: David Powlison
7. Resolving Everyday Conflict: Ken Sande Kevin Johnson
11. Write a three page evaluation of the ABC kids and internship program:
1. 3-5 strengths
2. 3-5 weakness
3-5 ideas for improvement