In addition to studying for the Master of Arts in Christian Education degree (MACE), students may also choose to earn a concentration in Worship Ministries (WM). This concentration prepares men and women to mobilize people to follow God’s call on their lives to use their God-given spiritual gifts and abilities as they pursue their passions in His name with an emphasis on foundational musical knowledge and abilities. An undergraduate music degree is not required as a prerequisite for the WL concentration.
Students graduating from the MACE-WM degree program will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge, understanding, and appreciation of Biblical, theological, historical, philosophical, and psychological foundations of Christian Education in the context of mobilization.
- Demonstrate knowledge, understanding, and appreciation of developmental theories and their application to Christian education in the context of mobilization.
- Demonstrate knowledge, understanding, appreciation, and skills of the operative principles and administrative approaches for the educational ministry of the church done in the context of mobilization.
- Demonstrate knowledge, understanding, appreciation, and skills of discipleship, evangelism, teaching, leadership training, and age group ministry in the context of mobilization.
- Demonstrate appropriate competencies in music theory, history, and literature.
- Demonstrate a high level of applied musical skills and performance discipline.
- Demonstrate organizational and leadership skills in worship and church music ministry.
FOUNDATIONAL COURSES (42 HOURS)
- BS2210 Old Testament Survey I
- BS2211 Old Testament Survey II
- BS2310 New Testament Survey I
- BS2311 New Testament Survey II
- CE8301 Church Administration
- HT3101 History of Christianity II OR HT3110 Baptist History
- HT3200 Theology I
- HT3201 Theology II
- HT3300 Introduction to Apologetics
- HT3400 Christian Ethics
- MN5060 Evangelism & Discipleship
- MN5468 Leadership Practicum
- MS7001 Theology & Philosophy of Missions
- GS1801 Integrative I, Leadership (1 hr)
- GS1802 Integrative II, Assessment (1 hr)
- GS1803 Integrative III, Capstone (1 hr)
WORSHIP MINISTRIES COURSES (15 HOURS)
- CM9100 Biblical Foundations of Worship
- CM9205 Survey of Christian Worship & Congregational Song
- CM9401 Worship Ministry Administration
- CM9403 Corporate Worship Leadership
- CM9421 Worship Technology
CHRISTIAN EDUCATION COURSES (15 HOURS)
- CE8110 Principles of Teaching I
- CE8111 Principles of Teaching II
- CE8134 Issues in Christian Ed
- CE8306 Principles of Leadership
- CE8411 Age Group Ministry