Midwestern Seminary and Spurgeon College will soon begin chapel services for the Fall 2022 semester, starting with a Convocation service on Tuesday, August 30.
The lineup of scheduled speakers includes church leaders, scholars, and pastors from around the country, in addition to members of the seminary and college faculty and staff.
“One of the reasons I get excited about the start of each academic semester is the resumption of chapel services,” said Midwestern Seminary and Spurgeon College President Jason Allen. “It brings me particular joy to get to worship and hear the preaching of God’s Word with our faculty, staff, and students each week.”
“As students seem to be busier than ever, it is invaluable for them to gather a couple extra times a week to sit under the preaching of God’s Word, to worship the Lord in song, and to fellowship with other students who are walking through similar seasons of life.”
In addition to the benefit chapel services provide for students, Allen also commented on his thankfulness for the men who will be speaking in chapel this Fall.
“We truly have a great list of preachers coming, and I am excited about having these men on campus. I am eager for our students to learn from them and to sit underneath their ministry.”
The featured speakers will include:
- Willie McLaurin (interim president and CEO, SBC Executive Committee)
- Rodney Harrison (president, Baptist Homes and Healthcare Ministries)
- Steve Doss (senior pastor, Antioch Bible Baptist Church, Gladstone, Mo)
- J.D. Greear (pastor, The Summit Church, Raleigh, Nc)
- H.B. Charles Jr. (pastor-teacher, Shiloh Metropolitan Baptist Church, Jacksonville, Fl)
- Todd Fisher (executive-director treasurer, Baptist General Convention of Oklahoma)
- Logan Cauthen (preaching pastor, Faith Community Church, Kansas City, Mo)
- Hance Dilbeck (president and CEO, GuideStone)
- Phil Hopper (pastor, Abundant Life, Lee’s Summit, Mo)
- Merle Mees (lead pastor, Pleasant Valley Baptist Church, Liberty, Mo)
- Bart Barber (SBC President)
- Derek Thomas, (senior minister, First Presbyterian Church, Columbia, Sc)
- Lewis Guest IV (associate pastor, Jubilee Community Church, Minneapolis, Mn)
The list of Midwestern Seminary and Spurgeon College faculty speakers includes Jason Duesing, Matthew Barrett, Samuel Bierig, Alan Branch, Jason DeRouchie, Stephen Andrews, and Ben Awbrey.
Chapel services are held in Midwestern Seminary’s Daniel Lee Chapel on Tuesday and Wednesday mornings at 10:00 a.m. Services are also live-streamed on the seminary’s Facebook page and the seminary website at www.mbts.edu/live.
To view the full chapel schedule, visit www.mbts.edu/chapel